1) To find out the degree of microbiological knowledge existent in the ancient Sanskrit and other non-Sanskrit Indian languages/ texts;
2) Collection of microbiological terminologies, verses (Slokas) in Sanskrit and its Hindi & English translation;
3) Evolving out how Vedic Microbiology can further assist for studies in Vedic-Ayurvedic and Modern life sciences-Microbiology-Biotechnology;
4) To evaluate the potential of Vedic Microbiology in giving new dimension to Ayurveda (role of Vedic microbiology in ‘marketing’ the Ayurveda in India and abroad), and
5) Identifying the Veda-Ayurveda prescribed antimicrobial agents and immuno-modulators to curb multiple / extensively drug resistant microorganisms.
In this first ever historic conference held in New Delhi on 20th and 21st August 2007, experts from various fields have asserted that Vedic Microbiology has huge potential to brush aside the negative side of modern microbiology.
Vedic Microbiology Virtual University has developed several programmes namely – Diploma / Post-Graduate Diploma / Bachelors'/ Masters' in Vedic Microbiology, Vedic Medical Microbiology, Ayurveda Microbiology, Vedic Antimicrobial Therapy, Yagna Microbiology, exclusively to meet the special needs for resurrection of Vedic traditional knowledge with respect to health care and social aspects.
For promoting research and innovation in Vedic Microbiology and its branches Doctoral and Post-doctoral programs [PhD, DVM] have been launched
VMVU is first to launch above mentioned exclusive courses through distance online education at national and International level. Thereby, propagating and preserving traditional knowledge heritage.